NGT Project Information
Final Presentation Due Date 4/3/21
Documents/Assets - Logo, Product Flows, User Interface, Functional Design, and all assets applicable to your product.
To have edge also create brochures and a commercial!
Asset Manager Resources:
Use Google to find Art/Animation/Asset tutorials!
Websites for Images:
Creating a Mobile App- check out these options
*Consider getting a JetBrains account for access to a ton of free software including Android Studio, WebStorm, AppCode, and many more!
Resources for All:
Elevator Pitch 2017 Samples (should be 30 sec or less)
Design Review Video Editing:
Once you edit: File-->Export-->Media-->Export then upload the AVI file, upload to YouTube-->Put link in basecamp.
Design Review Requirements:
- Product pitch - 10 min video
- Elevator pitch -30-60 sec video
- Product Charter
- Marketing Plan
- Business Requirements
- Customer Surveys
- Use cases
NGT Competition and Grading
Foundations Students: First semester you will receive two grades for your work in the NGT competition. These grades are based on standards like all other assignments and the details are on the assignment sheets below:
Programming Students: will receive one grade for NGT participation first semester These grades are based on standards like all other assignments and the details are on the assignment sheet below: Standard 78.0 and 66.0 (teamwork)
and Standard 65.0 (problem statement)
QA Tester & Other- Designer, Concept Art, Writer, "floater".
DESIGN REVIEW POWERPOINT - Due by 2/9: Design Review Prezi or PowerPoint (we will record at some point as well). Include EVERYTHING you've done so far. Slides: Problem statement, product, target market, use case & user stories screenshots, business req. overview, CUSTOMER SURVEY RESULTS, screenshots of app/game/assets, etc. Put logo on first slide- include all team members names/roles! Include pictures of your team & the problem!
Project Managers- Weekly REPORT OUT
Written Warning- Must change "Bold" words
Customer Surveys (Google Customer Preference Surveys) - Example Questions - can be on paper, survey monkey, post on Social Media, etc.
Final Executable of Prototype (EXE file)
Workshop Dates- Show to Parent/Guardian ASAP:
Zoom meeting links will be provided by email with password access and IP tracking. No unauthorized use of links.
Workshops & Important Dates
- 2/23 (4-5:30) - Workshop #9 - Business Innovation- speakers:
Brian Kornfeld - CEO of Synapse
Lakshmi Shenoy - CEO of Embarc Collective
Laisha Daley - Executive Product Director of Catalina
So-Young Kang - CEO/Founder of Gnowbe
Karen Etzkorn - CIO of Qurate Retail Group
- 2/24 at noon - Deadline for teams to submit final docs for Synapse)
- 3/9 (4-5:30)- Teams to practice for exhibiting at Synapse
- Synapse Summit 3/8-11 - NGT participants and mentors get tickets to the entire event (more to come)
- 3/11 - Synapse team exhibits at the Summit (11-noon and 2-3pm teams will exhibit) more to come
- 3/23 (4-5:30pm) Practice Final Pitches
- 4/3 noon deadline - Final video Pitches (5-10 mins) due for submission
- 4/7 - finalists announced
- 4/15 (4-6pm) Final pitches to judges
- TBD (last week of April) Awards ceremony